Thursday, August 14, 2008

Rain Drops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens....

I LOVE my job...I was really thinking a lot about that the other day....and as difficult as it is at times and how upset I get at the kids because they do the same thing over and over....I am reminded of God's amazing unconditional compassionate love that He just keeps loving us back....and I have to remind myself to keep loving these kids...because God has done the same for me when I mess up. I really enjoy getting to be with them and joking around and hearing their stories...sometimes they are sad and my heart just aches for them and what they're going through....and I pray that God will keep them safe and protect their families. In all my years of working with kids, I have never been moved and touched that because of the kids I work with, I wanted to have my own..... but just being with these kids and taking care of them and having to be selfless so often and just really helping them with the little and simple things and worrying about them...wow.....makes me realize how much I would love to have my own kids one day. Of course I have always wanted to have my own kids....but there's just some things that I've experienced here that allow me to want those experiences with my own kids one day even more...and I just look forward to that.

I've only got 1 1/2 weeks left working with the summer day camp....then 1 week off to really just spend time with people...and then I start orientation for Servant Partners and then we go to Manilla in the Philippines for 3 weeks!!! Yikes...life moves so fast.... but God is good :-D

Sometimes trusting that God will provide is difficult...but I have seen Him provide in my life a lot lot throughout many times in my life, but most definitely in this past year with many a things. I believe God is powerful and is Jehovah Jireh....our provider....and so I am trusting that He will provide an exact housing location that He wants my roomates and I to have soon....as well as a job that He has been preparing for me.....and to have peace about not knowing all of that right now.

Prayer Requests:

-Conversations with my roomates about our housing search situation....we would like to have our housing settled before we leave for Manilla...so just that we will find something in these next few weeks..... and that if that is not the Lord's decision to have us have a place yet, to give us peace about that
-Job Search.....I have really been slacking with this and need to revise my resumes and write up cover letters to send out...so just energy and confidence that things will go smoothly
-My Car....I might not be taking my car with me to LA....I'm still praying about this decision and will be talking more with my parents this weekend about it...it will be uncomfortable for me in many ways...but that gives me more of a reason to see that God has His hand on this thought and that He will provide again and again and again in the ways of my transportation!
-CSUF Students - They will be starting school again in a couple of weeks...so just for good conversations with students during the first 2 weeks of getting to know people, inviting them out to Intervarsity events, and getting to know people and sharing God's love and kingdom on the Fullerton campus!
-MANILLA! - I will be in Manilla, Philippines for 3 weeks! I've never been overseas..so I'm excited....pray that we will have safe travels, good health, that we will be growing and learning together as a team, and that God will be moving and showing us how to live among the poor, love, and be a community together :-D
-My Brother - Continue to have conversations....continue seeking to love him without strings...peace about difficulty conflicts in the past

Fundraising Update:

-I have raised ~$4,500 at this point and I needed to raise $4,000...so praise God! :)


Here are some lovely pictures...so enjoy:


Camp Titan Celebration Banquet Dinner :)

Yumm....why does roadtrip food always taste soo good?! Santa Barbara :-D


Shaved Ice for Mike's Going Away to Chicago!

No comments: