Monday, December 22, 2008

Oswald Chambers

Currently I am reading from "My Utmost for His Highest" by Oswald Chambers, which my lovely roomate - Liz - is letting me borrow since she brought it back after Thanksgiving break. I know it's a little late, but I really liked the reading for December 18th...as it it something that I can relate to, but I am constantly seeking God to be more faithful in Him and not anything else:

"Being faithful to Jesus Christ is the most difficult thing we try to do today. We will be faithful to our work, to serving others, or to anything else; just don't ask us to be faithful to Jesus Christ. Many Christians become very impatient when we talk about faithfulness to Jesus. Our Lord is dethroned more deliberately by Christian workers than by the world. We treat God as if He were a machine designed only to bless us, and we think of Jesus as just another one of the workers.

The goal of faithfulness is not that we will do work for God, but that He will be free to His work through us. God calls us to His service and places tremendous responsiblities on us. He expects no complaning on our part and offers no explanation on His part. God wants to use as He used His own Son."

No comments: