Friday, May 9, 2008

Community

Intevarsity (IV) Christian Fellowship has been a place of many things for me: learning more about this amazing man named Jesus Christ and falling in love with him, meeting some crazy people who have become my best friends, many a Campus By the Sea trips at Catalina that have impacted me in many ways, listening to amazing speakers, learning about relational reconciliations and pursuing that in my own life, learning about social justice and how much God cares about compassion and love for people and figuring that out in my own life, learning more about ethnic identity and the importance of embracing one's culture as well as understanding other cultures, and really just being in the midst of great friendships and great community. I have been so blessed with this group since my freshman year...I have been in joy and I have been challenged by God's word...and I have met God in so many ways.

Even though I will be graduating college in 1 week, I know that I will continue to keep my ties and friendships that I have found through this group, because of the impact it has had on my own life. I can't wait for all of the fun upcoming Alumni gatherings....and just a chance to give back to the community that has impacted my life in so many a ways!!! :-D <3



Our usual IV PROM :-D


My IV Small Group :)

1 comment:

Good French Knee said...

I can't believe you are graduating!

I love you Sarah! You are such a blessing to me!